Books for the Homebound is a service which provides books through mail to people who are homebound. Call 914337-1500, ext. 357 for more information
- All Persons of any age (Child, teen, adult, senior adult) who are visually or physically impaired and/or have difficulty moving around
- All disabled persons whether the disability is long or short-term
Isn't this great?
- NO cost to you
- NO Library card needed
- NO age requirement
What Yonkers Public Library Does?
- Every month, we send you a maximum of two books of your choice. If specific titles are not available, we will send you a suitable substitute that you might also enjoy.
- We send the books in a re-usable mailbag which you will then use to mail the books back to the Library at no charge to you!
- We provide: a mail bag, return postage label, and return postage
- We provide: regular print books, LARGE PRINT BOOKS, and books on tape (i.e., audiocassettes of books for your listening pleasure)
How the Homebound service works:
Books for the Homebound is a service which provides books through mail to people who are homebound.
Upon registering in the program, we make note of the particular author, title, or subject you request. It helps us if you are as specific as you can be. We then search for your choice. If we unable to locate the exact request, we will provide you with an appropriate substitute. We welcome your feedback and comments.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Call 914-337-1500 ext. 357 for registration information or click here to print out the registration form*
- If you do you have a specific author or title in mind,please let us know or give us a subject request being as specific as you can be.
- Please address this form to:
Books for the Homebound
Yonkers Public Library
1500 Central Park Ave.
Yonkers, NY 10710
For more information, the homebound telephone number is 337-1500, ex.357
* Note: To open the PDF format forms you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. To get the latest Acrobat Reader, click on the image below: