Due to the COVID-19 crisis, 3D printing is currently not available.
The library has loaned our 3D printers to St. John’s Riverside Hospital & Saint Joseph’s Medical Center for printing personal protective equipment (PPE).
3D printing is offered at the Riverfront and Crestwood libraries. You can attend one of our 3D printing classes and design your own 3D object with Tinkercad, OR you can design or download a 3D file and email it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring it to the library on a flashdrive. The file should be in *.stl format.
3D Printing Policy
1. Staff will review and prepare all project files, and they have the right to refuse projects deemed harmful or otherwise objectionable.
2. Items must adhere to copyright restrictions.
3. No more than three requests per patron, per month.
4. We cannot promise specific colors will be available.
5. Please allow five business days to have objects printed. If there is a delay with your object, you will be notified.
6. You will be contacted when the object is ready to be picked up. Items not picked up will become the property of the library and placed on display after 30 days.
7. If the object is delicate, you must remove your own rafts and supports.
8. File must be able to print in five hours or less.
9. Currently there is no cost for 3D printing at the library.
10. This policy may change at any time. If you have questions, please speak with a staff member prior to undertaking your project, or send an email to email@example.com.
Designing: Free 3D design programs are available online, such as tinkercad.com, sketchup.com and autodesk.com.
Downloading: 3D objects can be downloaded for free from tinkercad.com or thingiverse.com.
Our printers: We have two 3D printers at Riverfront Library: a Makerbot Replicator + and a Makerbot Z18. Crestwood Library has a Makerbot Replicator. Our printers use PLA (polylacticacid) filament, a bio-plastic made from cornstarch and sugar cane.
Colors: Colors change on a regular basis. If you have a specific color request for your item, we will do our best to accommodate you. Objects print in one solid color
Check our Tech Central calendar for dates and times of classes. (Currently not available due to COVID-19 crisis).
For questions regarding 3D printing, contact Riverfront Library’s 3rd Floor Reference Desk at 914-375-7966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.