3D printing is offered at the Riverfront library. You can design your own 3D object OR download a 3D file and email it to us at email@example.com. You may also bring it to the library on a flashdrive. The file must be in *.stl format.
3D Printing Policy
1. Staff will review and prepare all project files, and have the right to refuse projects deemed harmful or otherwise objectionable. This includes weapons or life-like replicas, parts of weapons, ammunition, and defensive as well as offensive weapons.
2. Items must adhere to copyright restrictions.
3. No more than three requests per patron, per month.
4. We cannot promise specific colors will be available.
5. Please allow five business days to have objects printed. If there is a delay with your object, you will be notified.
6. You will be contacted when the object is ready to be picked up. Items not picked up will become the property of the library and placed on display after 30 days.
7. If the object is delicate, you must remove your own rafts and supports.
8. File must be able to print in five hours or less.
9. Currently there is no cost for 3D printing at the library, however we request that you have a Yonkers Library card (other Westchester County library cards are also acceptable).
10. This policy may change at any time. If you have questions, please speak with a staff member prior to undertaking your project, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designing: Free 3D design programs are available online, such as tinkercad.com, sketchup.com and autodesk.com.
Downloading: 3D objects can be downloaded for free from tinkercad.com or thingiverse.com.
Our printers: We have three 3D printers at the Riverfront Library: a Makerbot Method, a Makerbot Z18, and a Makerbot Replicator+. Our printers use PLA (polylacticacid) filament, a bio-plastic made from cornstarch and sugar cane.
Colors: If you have a specific color request for your item, we will do our best to accommodate you. Objects print in one solid color.
For questions regarding 3D printing, please send an email to email@example.com.