- Create a digital version of your library card so that it can be scanned from your smart phone
- Search the catalog and digital collections.
- Access your library account to renew items, manage holds, and more.
- Find out about programs and services offered by the library.
- Stream and download Movies, TV, Music Albums, eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comics/Graphic novels.
- Type Westchester Library System as your library.
- Checkout 5 items per month.
LinkedIn Learning: (Technology Video Tutorials) Click here for Apple app. Click here for Android app. Note: When using the mobile app, the Library ID is: westchesterlibraries.
Supported devices: iPhone/iPad, Android phones & tablets Cost: FREE
- Interactive lessons on how to use different types of software to build technology, creative, and business skills.
- Covers everything from using a search engine to building a website.
- You can watch videos on a browser or you can download the app.
- Search for books by author, title, genre, awards, and booklists
- Find It! Button that will show users where to find the book in a nearby library
- Create your own booklists
- Share book titles on Twitter and Facebook.
Reference Solutions – Information on Business and US Residents. Note: You must be a Yonkers Library Card holder to access information from home. Click here for Apple app. Click here for Android app. Supported devices: iPad, Android phones & tablets Cost: FREE
- Research executives and companies
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Search for jobs
Access My Library (Free books & magazines) Supported devices: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android phones & tablets Cost: FREE
- Uses GPS to find libraries within a 10-mile radius of your location, then gives you free, unlimited access to their reputable, authoritative Gale online resources.
- Information from thousands of current magazines, journals, encyclopedias and more, it’s free and available 24/7.
- No log-in required.
Overdrive Media Console (eBook & Audiobook downloads) Supported devices: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Blackberry, Android phones and tablets, Windows Phone 7 Cost: FREE
- Search, checkout and place holds on ebooks and audio books in the Overdrive Catalog.
- Download content direct to the device (eliminates the need to connect device to PC).
- Listen to and read downloaded titles.
- Early return now available on certain devices.
- Animated talking picture books
- Online collection of reading comprehension quizzes
- Educational games and teacher resources
- Full access to all Mango courses offered by your library
- Interactive phonetic spellings
- Articulated-speed and fluent-speed pronunciations
- Literal translations and understood meanings