This is the seventh in a series of posts highlighting some of the valuable (but not always well-known) digital resources you have access to as a YPL cardholder. Click here for the full list of #digitaltuesday posts.
It’s #digitaltuesday! YPL subscribes to dozens of apps, research databases, and digital content libraries for books, movies and comic books that you can access for free with your YPL card. You can find the full list of these resources by visiting the YPL Research page at ypl.org/research. Today’s featured database is AtoZ Databases.
AtoZ Databases is a robust reference, research, marketing, and job search database ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, background searches, finding friends and relatives, and a whole lot of other possibilities. These are some of the helpful features of the database:
- 30 Million Businesses & Executives: Search by type of business, workforce size, sales, geography, & more.
- 2 Million NEW Businesses: Search by time frame, keyword, geography, & more.
- 12 Million Healthcare Professionals: Search by specialty, state of license, geography, & more.
- 240 Million Residents: Search by income, home value, geography, lifestyles, & more.
- 350,000 NEW Movers/HomeOwners Added Weekly: Search by move distance, housing type, & more.
- Universal (Simultaneously search Businesses and Residents)
- 7 Million Jobs: Get free résumés templates and examples, identify your strengths and weaknesses through a three-question test, and apply for a job all in one place
- Short introductory videos covering lots of topics, including how to conduct a job search, how to get new sales leads and mailing lists, how to find a a buisiness profile and more!
Getting Started With AtoZ Databases
1) Access AtoZ Databases from the Research Databases section of the Yonkers Public Library website.
2) Enter your 14-digit library card number, name, email address, and create a password to set-up an account.
3) Click on an icon or use the search bar to begin browsing.