We want to ensure that none of our neighbors go hungry. The following are food resources in our community.
Westchester County Mobile Food Pantries in Yonkers
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
3:30pm – 5:30pm
St. Joseph’s Medical Center
Vark Street, Yonkers
Thursday, August 13, 2020
12:30pm – 2:30pm
204 Hawthorne Avenue, Yonkers
SNAP —updated 7/6/20
On July 2, NYS OTDA issued a notice on COVID-19 to local social service districts. Highlights include:
Six-month Extension on July Recertifications in NYC
- USDA approved OTDA’s request for a six-month extension of the recertification period for NYC clients whose SNAP cases will expire at the end of July 2020.
- NYC SNAP recipients who were to recertify for SNAP or TA/MA and SNAP in July will be given a six-month extension of SNAP benefits.
- NYC SNAP participants who recertified for July and had their recertification processed by the SNAP office will not be eligible for the six-month extension.
- The six-month extension for the July recertifications will allow NYC SNAP offices until January 31, 2021 to recertify any case that was originally scheduled to be recertified by July 31, 2020.
- SNAP recipients will NOT be sent a notice on this extension of benefits or the new deadlines for recertification.
- NYC SNAP offices must post flyers in English and Spanish regarding the extension of the July recertification period.
- The flyers provide information on the new recertification dates and remind SNAP recipients that if they do not recertify by the end of the six-month extension their SNAP benefits will end.
- There will be no further extensions of SNAP certification periods in NYC.
NYC HRA issued specific information for people needing SNAP benefit information in New York City.