Description of Work:
Yonkers Public Library (YPL) seeks a part-time, temporary project consultant for a grant-funded position that will run for a six-month period from January through June, 2022. The incumbent will manage an American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Library and Museum Partnership Grant administered by the Metropolitan New York Library Council, which seeks to strengthen collaboration between YPL and its neighbor the Hudson River Museum (HRM). The project consultant will report directly to the YPL Director and work closely with teams from both the library and the museum. This position will be a hybrid of both in-person and virtual work.
With three locations, YPL is the largest public library in Westchester County and has a strong reputation for community service, partnerships, and innovative programming. HRM, also located in Yonkers and along the Hudson River, is the county’s preeminent museum, with a mission to engage, inspire, and connect diverse communities through the power of the arts, sciences, and history. The two organizations have a number of overlapping services, collections, and missions, and the grant seeks to develop ways for each institution to highlight, refer, and comment upon the other’s collections and services and explore means of deepening and sustaining our relationship.
Classification: Part-time, averaging 20 hours per week for six months from January-June 2022
Job rate: $35/hour
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Coordinate all aspects of grant project, including oversee project budget, workflow and program development
- Plan, lead and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Assist library and museum staff on program design, planning and implementation. Oversee and coordinate programs with project-funded teaching artists and instructors.
- Collaborate with library and museum directors to continue improving project coordination and processes across both institutions
- Write and edit grant reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong project management experience, preferably in a library, museum, education or nonprofit environment
- Strong communication and written skills and understanding of basic budget concepts
- Experience in program planning and implementation
- Familiarity with library and/or museum settings
- Familiarity with Westchester County region a plus
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Yonkers Public Library is the largest library in Westchester County. It consists of three locations: Riverfront Library, our main branch, in downtown Yonkers, the Grinton I. Will Library on Central Avenue, and the Crestwood Library in the Crestwood section of the city. Our mission is to change lives every day. Our expert, trusted staff help all the people of Yonkers find the information they need, the programs they enjoy, and the reading they love. For more information about Yonkers Public Library, visit www.ypl.org.
Hudson River Museum is a preeminent cultural institution in Westchester County and the New York metropolitan area. Situated on the banks of the Hudson River in Yonkers, New York, the HRM’s mission is to engage, inspire, and connect diverse communities through the power of the arts, sciences, and history.
The Museum offers engaging experiences for every age and interest, with an ever-growing collection of American art; dynamic exhibitions that range from notable nineteenth-century paintings to contemporary art installations; Glenview, an 1877 house on the National Register of Historic Places; a state-of-the-art Planetarium; an environmental teaching gallery; and an outdoor Amphitheater. Accredited by the American Association of Museums (AAM), the Museum is dedicated to collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting these multidisciplinary offerings, which are complemented by an array of public programs that encourage creative expression, collaboration, and artistic and scientific discovery.