Yonkers Public Library’s (YPL) Riverfront Library is proud to have been the Westchester site of Literacy Solutions NY (LSNY) since the early 1990s. LSNY is a not-for-profit agency dedicated to providing student centered English literacy services and acting as a resource for the advancement of literacy.
Literacy Solutions is located on the 2nd Floor of the YPL’s Riverfront Library, located at One Larkin Center in the heart of Yonkers’ Downtown/Waterfront, right across from the Metro North station.
- Hours: Tuesdays thru Fridays, 1 PM – 5 PM
- Contact Information (914) 375-7964, email: email@example.com
- Appointment Suggested, Walk-ins Permitted
LSNY offers comprehensive literacy services to native-born English speakers and speakers of other languages eager to improve/develop their English competency skills.
Literacy Services include:
- English as a Second Language (ESOL) Classes Virtually and In-Person
- Pre & Post Testing to Assure Appropriate Class Placement & Improvement of Literacy Level
- One-to-One Tutoring in Local Libraries and Other Public Places
Additional LSNY Services:
- Case Management Offered Each Wednesday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
- For Case Management Appointments, Call Gricelda at (845) 323-3665.
In 2016, Literacy Solutions NY joined with the NYS Dept. of State/Office for New Americans to inaugurate its Rockland Office for New Americans (RONA). Although the Rockland Office for New Americans is based in Rockland County, YPL patrons may access RONA services by speaking with LSNY personal at the Library.
RONA Services Include:
- Assistance with Completing the N400 Application for US Citizenship
- Citizenship Preparation Classes to Prepare Applicants to Pass the Personal Interview and Citizenship Examination.
- Unique One-to-One Citizenship Coaches Offer Weekly Tutoring Sessions to Review Application Content and Examination Civics Questions