Sarah Lawrence College Theatre & Civic Engagement presents:
About This Event
Our Yonkers, Our Youth, Our Stories explores the role of the seer, the doer, the visionary who makes a difference in our community by creating, leading, and developing essential and innovative programming that involves youth. Our Yonkers Our Youth Our Stories is an opportunity to hear, to make connections, and perhaps to share your own story. At the end of our program, the audience is invited to share a two-minute story about an educator who made a difference in their lives.
Our special guests are SLC alum Paul Kwame Johnson and Navaiya Williams. Kwame Johnson is the founder of the world-renowned Youth Theatre Interactions. Youth Theatre educator Paul Kwame Johnson has influenced generations in Yonkers and Westchester County and beyond. Navaiya Williams has been a student of Kwame’s at YTI for the past five years.
The incomparable Annie Lanzillotto is our host. Annie is a poet, social activist, performer, storyteller, and songwriter. She is also a Sarah Lawrence College alum and a Yonkers resident.
- Sarah Lawrence College faculty member William Catanzaro – Program Composer, Musician
- Evan Ray Suzuki – Media Design
- Michelle Cowles – Assistant Director, Production Stage Manager
Upcoming OYOYOS events, Sundays at 6 PM – save these dates!
- March 14 – Marcus C. John and Tyreek Kidd, Spoken Word and Music
- April 11 – Lisa Scott, Director of Center Lane, LGBTQIA