Due to the COVID-19 pandemic many people are wearing latex gloves to protect themselves and others from getting sick. I want to direct your attention to expert safety tips on how to remove them.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) created a list of seven steps on how to remove latex gloves properly:
- Grasp the outside of one glove at the wrist. Do not touch your bare skin.
- Peel the glove away from your body, pulling it inside out.
- Hold the glove you just removed in your gloved hand.
- Peel off the second glove by putting your fingers inside the glove at the top of your wrist.
- Turn the second glove inside out while pulling it away from your body, leaving the first glove
inside the second.
- Dispose of the gloves safely. Do not reuse the gloves.
- Clean your hands immediately after removing gloves
To see how to remove a glove safely in real time, you can visit the RegisterNursesRN channel on YouTube.
Be well, everyone!