DO THE BRIGHT THING! Get a Yonkers Public Library Card.
You can get a free YPL library card if you live in Yonkers
Your card will be accepted in any public library in Westchester
Not a Yonkers resident? Special rules apply-please see below:
- I live in Westchester County, but not Yonkers
- Only your home library can issue you a card. Once you get it, it will be honored in Yonkers and any other Westchester library
- I don't live in Westchester, but work or attend school in Yonkers
- No problem, just show us proof of your employment or enrollment and you will receive a Yonkers Card. Please register in person; do not use the on-line form.
- I live in the Bronx
- No problem, we love our southern neighbors! Register in person, or use the on-line form.
- None of the above
- You may purchase a card directly from the Westchester Library System for an annual fee of $75. Download the form here:
Apply In Person: Visit any branch of Yonkers Public Library to get a library card while you wait. Just show us a picture ID and proof of address.
Apply Online: Use the form below, and a library card will be mailed to your home in a few days.