This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: September 30
The COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in the closure or reduced service of many businesses. Help is available:
Westchester County Business FIRST Grant Program
Is your small business or nonprofit seeking immediate financial assistance due to COVID-19? Westchester County Business FIRST is a grant program for small businesses and nonprofits offering up to $49,000 for organizations with 99 or fewer employees that have a primary location in Westchester County. Applications for the grant will be accepted through September 30, 2020. Read about it here.
Yonkers Small Business Center
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Find a Lender: SBA does not make the loans itself, but works with a number of approved banks and credit unions that will
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- Guidance & Loan Resources: Guidance for businesses and employers, and funding options
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Financial Assistance Programs (New York Small Business Development Center)
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 20 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
Webinars and programs
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
NFIB (the National Federation of Independent Business) is offering resources to help entrepreneurs during the crisis. Hover over “CORONAVIRUS” with your cursor to see a menu of webinars, regular news updates, and other information.