This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: January 20
Communicate your brand’s message
Free webinar Wednesday, February 3, 1–2 pm
Everything you do as a business communicates your brand’s message to customers. Are you getting your point across on every platform? Explore the channels your small business could use to bolster your brand’s reputation.
The COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in the closure or reduced service of many businesses. Help is available:
Westchester County Launch1000 Program
Interested in becoming an entrepreneur or starting a home-based business? Exploring a non-profit venture? Launch1000 is an online self-paced program that helps you evaluate your idea, test it with potential customers, and determine if it will succeed. Click here to learn more.
Yonkers Small Business Center
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- Guidance & Loan Resources: Guidance for businesses and employers, and funding options
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Financial Assistance Programs (New York Small Business Development Center)
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 20 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
Webinars and programs
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
NFIB (the National Federation of Independent Business) is offering resources to help entrepreneurs during the crisis. Hover over “CORONAVIRUS” with your cursor to see a menu of webinars, regular news updates, and other information.