This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: September 24, 2022
Free Online Webinars:
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month:
Thursday, October 6, 2022, 1-2 pm
The webinar will focus on financial wellness and the importance of equity and opportunity to help uplift and support Hispanic-owned small businesses. Register here for this U.S. Small Business Administration webinar.
Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 1-2 pm
Learn to identify cybersecurity threats and steps you can take to protect your small business. Register here for this SCORE webinar.
Programs & Resources for Support:
Yonkers Small Business Center
The Department of Planning & Development will become a resource in assisting Yonkers local businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Small businesses and nonprofits which would like to inquire about the CARES Act can contact the Yonkers Small Business Center for one-on-one assistance on the SBA Application at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 914-343-4113.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- NYS Business Pandemic Recovery Initiative: Highlights the various resources available to support small businesses seeking pandemic relief.
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
- CBS Radio Small Business Spotlight: Joe Connolly talks weekly with successful small business owners about how they got their start and where they are today.
Webinars and programs
Grow with Google: A four-part free digital readiness series designed to help you develop the skills to succeed online and grow your small business. Learn how to get your local business on Google search and maps, reach customers online with Google, sell online with e-commerce tools, connect with customers and manager your business remotely. Sign up here for this free SCORE and Grow with Google series.
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
Small Business Websites
- U.S. Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov
- Federal Resources for Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19: covid-sb.org
- NYS Empire State Development: www.esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/small-business-hub
- NYS Dept. of Financial Services: www.dfs.ny.gov/consumers/small_businesses
- NY Small Business Development Center: www.nyssbdc.org
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center: www.wedcbiz.org
- SCORE Mentoring & education: www.westchester.score.org
- U.S. Gov’t. Information: www.usa.gov/business
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: www.uschamber.com/small-business
- Small Business Trends: www.smallbiztrends.com
- Entrepreneur Magazine: www.entrepreneur.com
- AllBusiness: www.allbusiness.com
- Inc. Startup: www.inc.com/startup