This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: April 19
Free Online Webinars:
Free webinar Tuesday, April 27, 1-2:30 pm
You know you need a website for your business, but how do you set it up for online success? First, you need to have a solid plan in place. Fortunately, this webinar will help with exactly that!
Programs & Resources for Support:
Interested in becoming an entrepreneur or starting a home-based business? Exploring a non-profit venture? Launch1000 is an online self-paced program that helps you evaluate your idea, test it with potential customers, and determine if it will succeed. Learn more.
Yonkers Small Business Center
The Department of Planning & Development will become a resource in assisting Yonkers local businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Small businesses and nonprofits which would like to inquire about the CARES Act can contact the Yonkers Small Business Center for one-on-one assistance on the SBA Application at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 914-343-4113.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- Guidance & Loan Resources: Guidance for businesses and employers, and funding options
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund: Emergency assistance for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19
- U.S. Readies Small-Business Grants as P.P.P. Nears End (New York Times, April 10, 2021)
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Financial Assistance Programs (New York Small Business Development Center)
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 20 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
Webinars and programs
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
NFIB (the National Federation of Independent Business) is offering resources to help entrepreneurs during the crisis. Hover over “CORONAVIRUS” with your cursor to see a menu of webinars, regular news updates, and other information.