This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: May 17, 2022
Free Online Webinars:
Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 1-2:30 pm
Having a business plan is the first step in starting your own business. In this webinar, you will learn the next step, how to execute your business plan. Register here for this SCORE webinar.
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 1-2 pm
The pandemic and economic relief efforts have led to more grant opportunities than ever. This webinar will help you understand the small business grant landscape, where to find funding, and more. Register here for this SCORE webinar
Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 1-2 pm
Learn how to manage your Google Business Profile, optimization strategies and answers to frequently asked questions. Register here for the SCORE webinar.
Programs & Resources for Support:
Yonkers Small Business Center
The Department of Planning & Development will become a resource in assisting Yonkers local businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Small businesses and nonprofits which would like to inquire about the CARES Act can contact the Yonkers Small Business Center for one-on-one assistance on the SBA Application at email@example.com or at 914-343-4113.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund: Emergency assistance for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19
- NYS Business Pandemic Recovery Initiative: Highlights the various resources available to support small businesses seeking pandemic relief.
- U.S. Readies Small-Business Grants as P.P.P. Nears End (New York Times, April 10, 2021)
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Financial Assistance Programs (New York Small Business Development Center)
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 20 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
- CBS Radio Small Business Spotlight: Joe Connolly talks weekly with successful small business owners about how they got their start and where they are today.
Webinars and programs
Grow with Google: A four-part free digital readiness series designed to help you develop the skills to succeed online and grow your small business. Learn how to get your local business on Google search and maps, reach customers online with Google, sell online with e-commerce tools, connect with customers and manager your business remotely. Sign up here for this free SCORE and Grow with Google series.
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
NFIB (the National Federation of Independent Business) is offering resources to help entrepreneurs during the crisis. Hover over “CORONAVIRUS” with your cursor to see a menu of webinars, regular news updates, and other information.
Small Business Websites
- U.S. Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov
- Federal Resources for Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19: covid-sb.org
- NYS Empire State Development: www.esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/small-business-hub
- NYS Dept. of Financial Services: www.dfs.ny.gov/consumers/small_businesses
- NY Small Business Development Center: www.nyssbdc.org
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center: www.wedcbiz.org
- SCORE Mentoring & education: www.scorewestchester.com
- U.S. Gov’t. Information: www.usa.gov/business
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Financial advice, guidance: www.uschamber.com/save-small-business
- Small Business Trends: www.smallbiztrends.com
- Entrepreneur Magazine: www.entrepreneur.com
- AllBusiness: www.allbusiness.com
- Inc. Startup: www.inc.com/startup