This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Last updated: July 27
Free Online Webinars:
COVID EIDL: Small Business Relief and Recovery
Free Small Business Administration webinar:
The information presented at each webinar will be the same.
The EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) helps hard-hit small businesses and nonprofits recover from the economic impact of the pandemic by providing advances and low-interest disaster loans.
Programs & Resources for Support:
Interested in becoming an entrepreneur or starting a home-based business? Exploring a non-profit venture? Launch1000 is an online self-paced program that helps you evaluate your idea, test it with potential customers, and determine if it will succeed. Learn more.
Yonkers Small Business Center
The Department of Planning & Development will become a resource in assisting Yonkers local businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Small businesses and nonprofits which would like to inquire about the CARES Act can contact the Yonkers Small Business Center for one-on-one assistance on the SBA Application at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 914-343-4113.
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Links
- Coronavirus Relief Options: A description of various loan and grant programs available at this time.
- Low-interest disaster loans: For businesses, homeowners and renters, a simplified portal
- Guidance & Loan Resources: Guidance for businesses and employers, and funding options
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund: Emergency assistance for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19
- NYS Business Pandemic Recovery Initiative: Highlights the various resources available to support small businesses seeking pandemic relief.
- U.S. Readies Small-Business Grants as P.P.P. Nears End (New York Times, April 10, 2021)
- SBA Coronavirus Small Business Financial Assistance Programs (New York Small Business Development Center)
- Yonkers restaurants may apply for outdoor dining permits: City zoning and building codes will be suspended temporarily.
- New York Forward Loan Fund: Targets businesses with 20 or fewer full-time employees; nonprofits; and small landlords.
- Yonkers Industrial Development Agency (YIDA): Loans and grants for businesses with up to 50 employees and not-for-profit corporations that are impacted by COVID-19.
- Yonkers Micro-Enterprise Stabilization Fund: For businesses with up to five employees that are impacted by COVID-19.
- CBS Radio Small Business Spotlight: Joe Connolly talks weekly with successful small business owners about how they got their start and where they are today.
Webinars and programs
Grow with Google: A four-part free digital readiness series designed to help you develop the skills to succeed online and grow your small business. Learn how to get your local business on Google search and maps, reach customers online with Google, sell online with e-commerce tools, connect with customers and manager your business remotely. Sign up here for this free SCORE and Grow with Google series.
- SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, offers free online workshops on topics ranging from startup strategies to marketing and finance. Attendees can watch webinars live or view recordings online on their own time.
NFIB (the National Federation of Independent Business) is offering resources to help entrepreneurs during the crisis. Hover over “CORONAVIRUS” with your cursor to see a menu of webinars, regular news updates, and other information.
Small Business Websites
- U.S. Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov
- Federal Resources for Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19: covid-sb.org
- NYS Empire State Development: www.esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/small-business-hub
- NYS Dept. of Financial Services: www.dfs.ny.gov/consumers/small_businesses
- NY Small Business Development Center: www.nyssbdc.org
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center: www.wedcbiz.org
- SCORE Mentoring & education: www.scorewestchester.com
- U.S. Gov’t. Information: www.usa.gov/business
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Financial advice, guidance: www.uschamber.com/save-small-business
- Small Business Trends: www.smallbiztrends.com
- Entrepreneur Magazine: www.entrepreneur.com
- AllBusiness: www.allbusiness.com
- Inc. Startup: www.inc.com/startup