This is an ongoing post that will be regularly updated. Please be advised vaccine information is subject to change quickly and often.
COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration. Yonkers Public Library (YPL) recommends that everyone who is eligible for the vaccine makes an appointment for one. At the moment, demand is greater than supply, so making an appointment takes patience and persistence. Below is information on how to to do so.
UPDATE: Yonkers Public Library (YPL) is thrilled that about the vaccination hub in Yonkers, located at the New York National Guard Armory at 2 Quincy Place, Yonkers, NY. It will provide vaccinations for up to 1,000 people a day! This location is giving out the Pfizer vaccine and there is ample parking. All eligible residents living in Westchester County will be able to schedule appointments by going to: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov
Have questions about the vaccine process? Find out more here.
Vaccine eligibility and distribution decisions are made by New York State. For the most up-to-date information concerning vaccines, visit the official New York State COVID-19 Vaccine information page.
Eligibility: Right now, people 65 and older, certain essential workers, and people with certain comorbidities are eligible for the vaccine. You can confirm eligibility here: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/, or by calling the hotline at 1-833-697-4829 (you should anticipate wait times). People completing the form that meet eligibility criteria will be connected with sites to make a vaccine appointment.
Vaccine Form: If you have a confirmed appointment, you must complete the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form. This form should be filled out online and you will receive a submission ID indicating completion. You will need to bring the submission ID to your appointment, as well as the barcode you will receive with your appointment confirmation. If you cannot submit the form online, it will be available at the vaccination sites.
Vaccination Sites and Appointments
Local New York State-Operated Vaccination Sites
The following direct links may also provide access (not guaranteed). Appointments are released periodically throughout the day as they become available unless announced otherwise, such as with a large scale rollout for a new eligibility phase. All vaccinations are by appointment only.
Alert for Westchester County Center appointment availability
If you are in one of the defined eligibility categories covered under 1a and 1b, you can sign up for the Health Department’s Alert system, which will alert you when more vaccine doses become available: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JFX97LP
Pharmacies and Health Centers (at this time pharmacies are primarily serving residents 65+. Please note that pharmacy participation and vaccine supply may change without notice.)
- Walgreens Pharmacy – New appointments posted at midnight and sometimes early morning between 7-9 am. You must make a Walgreens account in the person’s name and verify identity before you will be able to book an appointment.
- CVS Pharmacy – Most appointments show up “early” morning 7-8 am, but may be posted throughout the day. No account required.
- RiteAid Pharmacy – Appointments may show up periodically throughout the day. No account required.
- Stop & Shop – Appointments are limited, but they do show up periodically throughout the day. No account required.
- Homecare St. Mary’s Hospital, 1 Executive Blvd, Suite 1, Yonkers, NY 10701, 914-375-7600
- Sun River Health, 502 South Broadway #210, Yonkers, NY 10705, 914-965-9771
- Grassy Sprain Pharmacy, 640 Tuckahoe Road, Yonkers, NY 10710, 914-779-5133
- GSP Long Term Care, Inc., 1567 Central Park Ave, Yonkers, NY 10710, 800-547-2779
- Value Plus Pharmacy, 485 Tuckahoe Road, Yonkers, NY 10710, 914-961-1185
- LeMac Pharmacy, 623 Mclean Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10705, 914-965-6100
- Yonkers Health Center, 30 South Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701, 914-968-4898
- Value Drug East,1 Tuckahoe Avenue, Eastchester, NY 914-771-5640
New York City Resources (proof of residence/employment required)
Some of these websites are third party. Personal information is entered at your own risk.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Hubs: https://vax4nyc.nyc.gov/patient/s/
- NYC Vaccine Finder (displays list of providers by locations who are offering covid vaccines): https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/
- NYC Health + Hospitals (Appointments at NYC H+H locations): https://covid19.nychealthandhospitals.org/COVIDVaxEligibility
- TurboVax (Third party site that displays available appointments from 43 city and state-run vaccine sites in the NYC area.): https://www.turbovax.info/
- NYC Vaccine List (Third party site that displays available appointments from government, healthcare, and pharmacy websites): https://nycvaccinelist.com
- Somos (NYCHA senior residents & NYC employees meeting eligibility requirements outlined on the site): https://somosvaccination.mdland.com/p/covid
These websites are third party. Personal information is entered at your own risk.
- Dr. B (connects patients with healthcare providers needing to administer vaccines before they expire): https://hidrb.com/
- Vaccination Standby List (Aims to notify patients of leftover doses): https://vaxstandby.com