Program Type:Community Engagement, En Español, Genealogy, Hispanic Heritage Month, LGBTQIA+, Local History, STEM & Technology
Celebrate Yonkers History and Culture! Please join us for the first People's History Day! Learn how YPL can help you document your history. Find out more about genealogy, sharing your oral history, and preserving your memories in our archives. Speakers will present on various topics in the morning, and participants can scan their photographs and printed documents in the afternoon.
Schedule of Events
- 10:15 am - 4:30 pm: Exhibits, children’s craft, and refreshments
- 10:30 am: Exploring your heritage through genealogy
- 11:00 am: Understanding the value of your objects in telling history
- 11:30 am: Recording your story through oral history
- 12:00 pm: Community panel discussion on art and activism
1:00 - 4:30 pm: Scan-a-thon (Bring your photos for digital scanning.)
Día de la Historia del Pueblo: Celebre la historia y la cultura de Yonkers
- 10:15 am - 4:30 pm: Exposiciones, manualidades infantiles y refrescos
- 10:30 am: Explorando su herencia a través de la genealogía
- 11:00 am: Comprender el valor de sus objetos para contar la historia
- 11:30 am: Registrando tu historia a través de la historia oral
- 12:00 pm: Panel de discusión comunitario sobre arte y activismo
- 1:00 - 4:30 pm: Scan-a-thon (traiga sus fotos para escanearlas digitalmente)
Free and open to public
It is assumed that all events are free and open to the general public. If admittance will be restricted in any way, that must be indicated on the application. The Library reserves the right to have staff and/or Board members in attendance even if the program is otherwise closed to the general public.
No outside food & drink
No outside food or drink is permitted in the Library.
Please note that photographs and/or footage may be taken throughout the event. These will be used by the library for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media. Please consult with a librarian if you have any concerns or if you wish to be exempt from this activity.