The Yonkers Public Library maintains a bulletin board for the posting of notices of educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or civic events taking place in our community. The Library does not advocate or endorse the content or viewpoints of these events. The following rules will also apply to the use of the bulletin board:
- Announcements for events sponsored by not-for-profit organizations in neighboring communities, which meet the criteria listed above, may be posted if space permits.
- Space will be designated for political campaign literature. The display or distribution of campaign literature anywhere else in the Library is not permitted.
- Petitions other than those directly affecting and supporting the cause of the Yonkers Public Library are not permitted
- Advertisements and other announcements of a purely commercial nature are not permitted.
- Individuals or groups may not post notices more frequently than once monthly.
- Notices must be legibly printed, and not of excessive size.
- The staff will date all notices, and will display them for no longer than one month. All material will be discarded upon removal, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any item displayed or exhibited. All items placed in the Library are done so at the owner's risk.
Notices may be dropped off at the Information Desk.
The Library maintains literature racks for the display of brochures and similar material intended for public distribution. The staff shall be guided by the above policy when accepting material for the literature rack.
ELECTRONIC BULLETIN BOARDS
Community organizations are invited to post their announcements on our electronic bulletin boards. Digital announcements are subject to the above policy; in addition, they must be submitted as e-mail attachments and they must be properly formatted for our system. E-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees, January 26, 2010