Coco Chanel, Virgil Abloh, Vera Wang, Manolo Blahnik and Vivienne Westwood are iconic self-taught fashion designers! Do you want to be the next great fashion designer, but can’t afford the tuition of a prestigious fashion institute?
With your Yonkers Public Library card, you get free access to the University of Fashion’s extensive educational platform offering over 500 classes taught by design experts from the fashion world, including Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and Parsons, The New School of Design. This platform would normally cost $189 for an annual subscription but is FREE with your library card.
Learn everything from basic sewing to more advanced topics like draping, pattern making and fashion art. All classes and tutorials are asynchronous so you can learn on your own schedule.
How to get started:
- Access University of Fashion through Westchester Library System’s portal.
- Login in using your Yonkers Public Library card and pin (hint: your pin is usually the last four digits of your phone number).
- Click on University of Fashion from the database menu.
- Choose a lesson and get started.
- Visit all our other digital resources at ypl.org/resources